Cornwall is the most popular holiday destination in the UK and a stay at a holiday park remains one of the best options for families, both young and old. What’s on your feature wish list for the perfect holiday park? For some of us it’s staying in a property that is within walking distance of a beach, others would choose parks that are suitable for young children, welcome dogs, or have superb facilities like pubs, shops, and a launderette. Whatever your choice, we have compiled a list of some holiday parks in Cornwall, according to your particular preferences.
Coastal holiday parks in Cornwall
The seaside holds special importance for a lot of us; there’s certainly a warm sentimentality to the caravan park holiday experience and there are some of us that have been returning to the same seaside park for generations. With a sense of nostalgia and fun, there’s a lot to be said for seeing your children grow to love and enjoy the same beaches you remember from your own youth. Although the parks may change over the decades, there will always be that unique charm and same kind of communal vibe to the experience. A short walk to your nearest beach is high on most people’s wish-lists. This is because you don’t have to worry about parking, extra-long walks lugging beach toys, picnic supplies and you can wear your ‘cozzie’ down there without having to change in the public loos.
Atlantic Coast is tucked behind the dunes of Hayle Towans. The beach here stretches for miles north as far as Godrevy Island, via the golden sands of Gwithian Beach too. As the name suggests the location is very close to the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Accommodation: caravans, touring spots, camping, lodges, poaches huts (with Jacuzzis), and motor homes. Also, this holiday park is dog-friendly and has a park-wide no-noise policy between 10pm and 8am.
- Facilities: tourist information, shop, laundrette, free Wi-Fi
This family favourite has its own beach access to Riviere Towans, near Hayle. Anybody that knows this area knows that it’s characterised by gigantic sand dunes and a long uninterrupted swathe of beach. Close to the centre of Hayle, chances are you won’t need to leave the park very often with all that’s on offer on-site.
- Accommodation: chalets, caravans, lodges
- Facilities: inn, café, shop, fish & chip shop, cricket pitch, dog-friendly
Award-winning holiday park operators, Park Resorts, manage one of Cornwall’s finest holiday parks boasting amazing access to the gorgeous Holywell Bay which is a few miles south of party town, Newquay. This park has a great water slide on-site and an outdoor swimming pool that offers a pleasant alternative to the beach when the surf gets too choppy for young children. Cornwall Surf Academy also has a base at the beach for those that want to learn.
- Accommodation: caravans, lodges, touring spots, camping, glamping
- Facilities: outdoor swimming pool, bar and restaurant, shop, junior lending library, all-weather multi-sports court, sweet shop, affiliated surf school, dog-friendly
Read our informative Cornwall beach guide for more details about the beaches near to your holiday park.
Dog-friendly holiday parks in Cornwall
Dogs love a holiday, and they really love Cornwall. Here are three great Cornish holiday parks that welcome dogs with some great additional features that don’t seem like an after-thought. Somebody somewhere on these parks has a genuine affection for our canine chums and has put in place some great extras for them and your owners.
Wooda is a firm family favourite with some very handsome, luxury lodges for hire on-site, as well as excellent touring and camping facilities also on-site. Dog-friendly facilities include a purpose-built dog shower for washing off muddy paws and coats; also, the park is set in a green-belt area and has a puppy playfield as well as lots of room to exercise the dog. Also, the majority of beaches in Bude are without restrictions to dogs and their owners.
- Accommodation: luxury cottages and lodges, caravans, touring spots, glamping, and camping
- Facilities: puppy playfield, walking trails, farm shop, restaurant, farmyard for kids, sporting facilities with instructors
On the road to the craggy, striking North Cornwall coast village of Portreath, Gwel an Mor is a great place for dog owners. Portreath’s wonderful sandy beach, the winding South West Coast Path and the ruins of Wheal Fortune and Wheal Coates are brilliant places to explore. Dogs can also enjoy the woodland valley walk from the park down to the beach. There is also a dog washing area to keep your pups clean and happy.
- Accommodation: lodges
- Facilities: dog-friendly restaurant, golf course, fishing lake, Go-Active!, swimming pool, surfcam, gym, tennis and more
Meadow Lakes is a superb choice for a dog-friendly holiday break. St Austell is close to the South Coast, the China Clay Pits Trails, Dodman Point, and The Lost Gardens of Heligan. With dog-friendly lodges, countryside trails, an exercise field, and campsites, Meadow Lakes is a favourite with dog-owners looking for a Cornwall holiday. This is also a great spot for young families as there is an enclosure where kids can meet farm animals.
- Accommodation: lodges, cottages, caravans, camping, cabins (with hot tubs), pods, motorhomes, and touring spots
- Facilities: fishing lakes, swimming pool, tourist info, shop, dog-walking field, dog shower, animal enclosure, tennis courts
Holiday parks for babies and toddlers
For those guests travelling with babies or tiny tots, some parks have taken extra care with their facilities to make your stay that little bit easier with the inclusion of high chairs in the accommodation, baby food on sale in the shop and on the menu in the on-site eateries. These are the parks that extend the family experience to the very youngest and dearest.
Owned by John Fowler Holiday Parks, Trelawne Manor is a big hit with growing families. With a whole entertainments programme for youngsters including Freddy Fox’s Kids’ Club and a massive outdoor children’s pool, kids will absolutely love sliding down the curly flume before splashing down into the pool. There’s also a playground, an indoor pool, giant chess, kids’ bingo and lots and lots of room to play.
- Accommodation: lodges, cottages, caravans, camping, chalets, apartments, glamping and touring spots
- Facilities: indoor swimming pool, toddler pool, play area, crazy golf, restaurant, shop, launderette, bar, takeaway and more
Haven Holidays Riviere Sands Holiday Park enjoys a lovely position perched in the hills above St Ives. Great views across the bay and out into the Atlantic Ocean await you at this wonderful child-friendly park. Its great facilities include an all-weather swimming pool and a splash pool for juniors. There’s also a full entertainment programme for kids (and adults) too. Memories of being young and carefree are forged at holiday parks like Riviere Sands: no doubt they’ll want to return when they are older.
- Accommodation: caravans
- Facilities: shop, bar, crazy golf, swimming pool, swim shop, hire service, entertainment venue, beach access, amusements arcade, adventure playground, launderette and more
Located close to the very beautiful Crantock Beach, this Park Resorts holiday park is a wonderful choice for young families with babies and toddlers. Park Resorts are pros at making young families welcome with their junior facilities and their child entertainment programme spearheaded by company mascots Sid and Lizzie. There’s also a fun programme of games and educational activities too. Plus, the park’s proximity to the beach makes it a hit with all youngsters.
- Accommodation: caravans
- Facilities: pub, shop, crazy golf, fish & chip shop, adventure playground, amusement arcade, sweet shop, entertainment venue, beach access
Holiday parks for children aged 5 to 14-years-old
Children of all ages love holiday parks. This is where the beach is brought to them, the rules from home are relaxed and everything is an adventure waiting to happen. With facilities available to appeal to children of all ages, this is the ultimate environment for family fun.
For families with older children, this coastal holiday park is a dream come true. Situated behind the dunes at Hayle, you have miles and miles of golden sand at your doorstep. Imagine the fun and games to be had on the beach as well as in the on-site swimming pool and games arcade. There is also an outdoor adventure playground for kids to scramble around and a shop selling beach toys and apparel for kids and adults.
- Accommodation: caravans, lodges, chalets, bungalow
- Facilities: shop, adventure playground, takeaway, games facilities, arcade, beach access, bar, free Wi-Fi, swimming pool and more
St Ives Holiday Park has everything you and your family need for a beachside Cornwall holiday with the kids. With private access to a 3-mile long sandy beach, there is plenty of space to build a sandcastle, swim in the sea, or tear through the dunes. There is even a surf school that offers lessons to young people too. For kids, there is an adventure playground, amusement arcade, swimming pool and a shop where children can spend their pocket money.
- Accommodation: chalets, camping pods, apartments, caravans, camping, touring spots
- Facilities: shop, 2 x bars, crazy golf, restaurant, 2 x amusement arcades, swimming pool, play area, tennis court, affiliated surf school
This very pleasant holiday village is close to the striking and beautiful Widemouth Bay which is 1 mile south of Bude. The beach has everything from rockpools to wide sands and waterfalls. Children will love playing there and at the village which has an indoor swimming pool, bubble pool, pocket money shop and an amusement arcade.
- Accommodation: chalets
- Facilities: clubhouse, tennis court, shop, swimming pool, dog walking area, launderette, concert room, bar with sea views, sauna and more
If you are looking to stay on a holiday park in Cornwall, why not take a look at our even wider range to inspire your choices?
We also have a range of hotels, B&Bs and self-catering cottages in Cornwall for your perusal, offering the ideal accommodation for every type of Cornwall holiday.